Friday 5 June 2009

The Web Planet

Story Title: The Web Planet
Episode Count: 6 Series: 2 Story No: 5
Doctor: 1st Companions: Ian, Barbara & Vicki
Date(s) Watched: Sunday 4th January 2009 (at a rough estimate)

This story was the first to “derail” me from the marathon and to be honest I must of dislike this one so much that I didn’t even note the date I last watched it (For Episode 6 my notes were “Nothing Worth Reporting” and that’s it lol.) I think it was on the same day as The Romans, or thereabouts but I can’t honestly remember.

Anyway onto the story, and, it’s not very good is it. After a promising opening episode the rest of it just becomes a dull run-around. There’s some nice moments in it (such as the cliff-hanger of Episode 1, where the Doctor’s Tardis has disappeared & he looks genuinely upset & lost once he’s realised it’s gone & utters “My Tardis” in a rather sad way) and visually it looks great (The Zarbi & the actual background itself for example) but nothing much really happens here at all. The space jacket things are a rather strange oddity & never appear again in the story.

In fact there’s not much I can say about it at all apart from it would have been a lot better if it had been only three episodes long

Overall Rating: 1.5/5 – Episode 1 is OK & visually it looks great but it’s just too long, too dull and should have been three episodes shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment