Friday 5 June 2009

Thoughts On Season 1

So after watching season 1 I have to say I have mixed feelings about it. There's no doubt that there are some great stories in there (The Edge Of Destruction, Keys Of Marinus, The Aztecs & Reign Of Terror), however this is counterbalanced by a real turkey (The Sensorites) and a story which is very popular amongst Who fans, but to me is rather dull (Marco Polo). The remaining stories are average although have some great moments in them.

As for Team Tardis themselves, the 1st Doctor is wonderful throughout although is on the more grumpier side during this Season, which softens oddly enough when Susan leaves the Tardis, Ian & Barbara are a great set of companions, brilliantly engaging with each other & and absolute delight to watch in each of their stories. However Susan for me hits a dud note, I don't blame this on Carole Ann Ford herself but more to do with how the part was written for her. Unfortunately Susan, for me, drags some of the stories down considerably at times which may explain why I dislike several of the first season stories.

Nethertheless I shall continue on with the marathon.

Overall ratings for Season 1:

An Unearthly Child 3.25
The Daleks 3.5
The Edge Of Destruction 4
Marco Polo 2.5
The Keys Of Marinus 4
The Aztecs 4
The Sensorites 1
The Reign of Terror 4
Total 26.25/40

Onto Season 2

No comments:

Post a Comment